These are my links for November 26th 2011 from 11:18 to 16:40:
- The London River Park: place for the people or a private playground? | Art and design | The Observer – The rise of "publoid" spaces – "an Occupy London event carried out by big business, rather than harmless folk in woolly hats and funny masks."
- Can Science Solve–Really Solve–the Problem of Beauty? | Cross-Check, Scientific American Blog Network – "But why do we respond to so many things—butterflies, starfish, rainbows, sunsets—from which we extract no tangible, utilitarian benefit?"
- Not Remotely Steampunk | Regretsy – The captions make it
- Global Warning: The Arctic’s Abandoned DEW Line Stations | WebUrbanist – "We're buying two hours for $250 million": 63 lonely radar stations strung across the 69th parallel, roughly 200 miles (300 kilometers) above the Arctic Circle.
- Posters from the #Occupy movement – occuprint –
- xkcd: Money Chart – Bravo!